Don't see your question answered here? Visit our Help Desk and submit a ticket.

HHAeXChange - EVV FAQ

Options
AlayaCareAlex
AlayaCareAlex Administrator admin
edited June 2023 in EVV FAQ

Please use this document as a troubleshooting reference guide. If issue is not resolved after going through the steps in this guide, please search through Zendesk articles or have your super user submit a Zendesk ticket. 

💡 Support Tip: You can troubleshoot the issues below in your staging environment

🤝 Community Tip: If you want to make a picture or GIF bigger, simply click on it and it should open in a new tab!

A note on Pre-validation vs Post-validation errors

There are two types of errors you will notice when you download the Visit _Responses csv file within the EVV (Electronic Visit Verification) export folder: 
a) Pre-validation error 
b) Post validation error 

Pre-validation errors are internal errors generated by AlayaCare to account for errors that may be potentially flagged by the aggregator. Pre-validation errors do not have an error code associated with them in the visit responses file. 

Example of a pre-validation error: No error code 

Post-validation errors are the errors that come directly from HHAeXChange and have an error code. These are the errors that are received back in response to the export file that has been sent from AlayaCare. 

Example of a post-validation error: Error code present 

Note: this document contains both General and State-specific FAQs

General FAQs:

1. I am getting an error: "There is no active contract for this visit" on sending visits to HHAeXChange  
  2. I am getting an error: “Patient not found in HHaeXChange” on sending client/visit data
  3. I set up a new insurance account which bills through HHAeXchange. Billing is not submitting to the HHAeXchange.  
  4. I am getting the following error code 398 on sending visits to HHAeXChange: “Payer is not configured for EDI Billing Rates. Please contact EDI Support to configure payer for EDI.”  
  5. I am getting an error: “Visit cannot be greater than 25 hours.“  
  6. I am getting an error: “Member is not found based on Qualifier value” on sending visits to HHAeXChange  
  7. I am getting an error: “__root__ - Missing required fields: ['VisitEndTime', 'VisitStartTime']” 
  8. How do I view failed EVV exports to see what the failure/rejection is for? 
  9. I am getting the following pre-validation errors for certain visits on sending the EVV data: "root - None - VisitEditReasonCode is required if VisitStartTime and EVVStartTime doesn't match" or "root - None - VisitEditActionTaken is required if VisitStartTime and EVVStartTime doesn't match"

New Jersey-specific FAQs:

1. I am getting an error: ”Multiple Member records found based on Qualifier value. Please provide unique identifier" on sending visits to HHAeXChange. 
  2. I am getting an error: “Provide the correct Qualifier value and call API. Caregiver is not found based on Qualifier value” 

New York-specific FAQs:

1. The caregiver’s department in AlayaCare does not cross over into HHAeXChange system via the EVV export. 
  2. I am getting an error: “Invalid Payer Initial/Id" with error code 412 on sending visits to HHAeXChange.  

Pennsylvania-specific FAQs:

1. I am getting an error: “Visits cannot be imported prior to patient SOC date or after patient discharge date”, with error code: 397 on sending visits to HHAeXChange. 
  2. I am getting the following pre-validation errors associated with overnight visits that are being sent from AlayaCare to HHaeXChange:
    1. __root__ - None - VisitEditReasonCode is required if VisitStartTime and EVVStartTime doesn't match
    2. __root__ - None - VisitEditActionTaken is required if VisitEndTime and EVVEndTime doesn't match
    3. __root__ - None - VisitEditReasonCode is required if VisitEndTime and EVVEndTime doesn't match
    4. __root__ - None - VisitEditActionTaken is required if VisitStartTime and EVVStartTime doesn't match

1. I am getting an error: "There is no active contract for this visit" on sending visits to HHAeXChange  

Typically, this error means that the Start of Care date in HHAeXChange is later than the visit date we are trying to send from AlayaCare or the client is discharged. Verify that the payer associated with the visit is correct. 

You need to contact the payor/MCO to identify the reason for this error. If the error is because of the Start of Care date, then that can be updated from your side within HHAeXChange to ensure that the visits are covered within that period and have the proper authorization.  

If the error is occurring due to client's status, then that would need to be updated by the payer in the aggregator portal, i.e., HHAeXChange, as your agency will not be able to update that information. 

2. I am getting an error: “Patient not found in HHaeXChange” on sending client/visit data  

Usually, this post-validation error means that the Member ID added under Client Demographics for these clients in AlayaCare is different from what is available in HHAeXChange or the member/client is not active in HHAeXChange or some other unknown error that needs to be validated by HHAeXChange.  

Please validate the Member ID, Date of Birth and Prior Authorization numbers on the Client’s Services within AlayaCare to ensure that what you have in AlayaCare matches with what is available in HHAeXChange. If there is a mismatch, you can correct that information in AlayaCare and resend the EVV exports associated with those visits.  

If it still does not resolve the issue, we suggest you raise a ticket with HHAeXChange with the details of the clients and visits in question. It is important to note that HHAeXChange may need you to contact the MCO and advise that the Member’s placement and authorizations be sent to HHAeXChange. Once the member is loaded in HHAeXChange, you can resubmit the EVV exports from AlayaCare. 

Please be advised that only the Medicaid ID should be entered within the Member ID field available within AlayaCare. If a different identifier like an Admission ID is entered within Member ID, it will continue to show the above error. 

3. I set up a new insurance account which bills through HHAeXchange. Billing is not submitting to the HHAeXchange.  

This could happen if the EVV (Electronic Visit Verification) Destination System is set as 'None'. Please update the EVV Destination System to HHAeXChange and select the appropriate value in the EVV Destination State.  

Also enter the Payer ID and ensure that other fields like Provider Tax ID, Payor Code, Payor Name, Payor electronic transmitter identifier and Provider Code are filled out within the payor profile and click 'Save' to complete the payor configuration.  

Once this is completed, kindly void the claims you had previously generated for this payor, and this should generate EVV exports for the data to be sent out to HHAeXChange. 

4. I am getting the following error code 398 on sending visits to HHAeXChange: “Payer is not configured for EDI Billing Rates. Please contact EDI Support to configure payer for EDI.”  

Typically, this error code means that a configuration update is required if EDI rates are submitted. The EDI flag is not engaged from HHAeXChange side. Please reach out to HHAeXChange, as they will need to activate the v5 integration from their side to receive the EVV data for this payor.  

Please also check to make sure that the Payer ID in AlayaCare matches with the one that is configured on the back end within HHAeXChange. 

5. I am getting an error: “Visit cannot be greater than 25 hours.“   

This error suggests that when the visit was sent from AlayaCare to HHAeXChange as a part of the EVV (Electronic Visit Verification) export, the total visit duration was greater than 24 hours.   

Please refer to this Zendesk article that walks through the process of adjusting the start and end times on the visit, so that the total duration is under 24 hours.

6. I am getting an error: “Member is not found based on Qualifier value” on sending visits to HHAeXChange  

This error suggests that Medicaid number is either not present within AlayaCare or matches with the information available in HHAeXChange.  

To remove this error, make sure that the ‘Member ID’ available in HHAXeXChange is the same value as the ‘Member ID’ added in client demographics within AlayaCare.  

The other information to validate is the First Name and the Last Name of the client record in AlayaCare to ensure it matches the record available in HHAeXChange. 

Once this is completed, you can resend the exports from AlayaCare. 

7. I am getting an error “__root__ - Missing required fields: ['VisitEndTime', 'VisitStartTime']”  

This pre-validation error means that visits are missing Start and End Times within AlayaCare. Please review these visits and make the necessary corrections. 

Please refer to this Zendesk article hereunder that walks through the process of adjusting the start and end times on the visit.

Once the start and end times of the visit are adjusted, you can save the visit and resend the EVV (Electronic Visit Verification) export(s) to remove this error. 

8. How do I view failed EVV exports to see what the failure/rejection is for? 

To view the visits contained within the EVV exports, you will need to follow the below mentioned steps: 

1. Navigate to Accounting > Billing > Electronic Billing Summary v2 > EVV Export tab 
  2. Click the Download button on an export in a 'Failure' status. This will download a zip file. 
  3. Open the zip file and you will see a folder for the EVV export along with the ID 
  4. On clicking the folder, you will see one or more EVV export files with the format ‘20230526...’, where the date indicates the last time the EVV export was sent from AlayaCare side. 
  5. On opening the EVV export file, you will see a file named 'Visit_Responses.csv'. Open this file and you will see the visits that show the success (column D) as “TRUE” are the ones that were sent properly from AlayaCare side without any error. 

The visits that failed will show the success (column D) within Visit_Respones file as “FALSE, and they will also have an error message in the error description (column O). 

We recommend these failed EVV exports be reviewed daily to catch and fix the incorrect data. 

9. I am getting the following pre-validation errors for certain visits on sending the EVV data:

root - None - VisitEditReasonCode is required if VisitStartTime and EVVStartTime doesn't match 
root - None - VisitEditActionTaken is required if VisitStartTime and EVVStartTime doesn't match

For any visits when you run into these pre-validation errors, you need to follow the below mentioned steps: 

1. Search the visit in visit verification under “approved and rejected” 
  2. Unapprove the visit 
  3. Run visit verification for the specific time frame/ client 
  4. Find the visit in violation using the visit ID then fill in the appropriate reasons and resolutions then approve the visit. 
  5. Once this process is complete for all visits on the exports, you can resend the export

New Jersey-specific FAQs

1. I am getting an error: ”Multiple Member records found based on Qualifier value. Please provide unique identifier" on sending visits to HHAeXChange. 

You will receive this error if the client has multiple profiles in their HHAeXChange.  
To remove the error, enter Admission ID as a secondary member identifier under Client Demographics > HHax Admission ID field in AlayaCare, based on this information available in HHAeXChange.  

The Admission ID entered in AlayaCare should only be numeric numbers, no additional letters or dashes or special characters should be added. Once Admission ID is added, you can resend the export, and this will send Member ID along with the admission ID, which should allow for the member to be correctly matched with the profiles inside HHAeXChange. 

Alternatively, if one of the profiles is not needed inside HHAeXChange, you can remove it, and resend the exports that failed due to this error. 

2. I am getting an error: “Provide the correct Qualifier value and call API. Caregiver is not found based on Qualifier value” 

Please review the SSN (Social Security Number) # entered for this employee under Employee Profile > Employment > Employment Settings > SSN field and ensure that this is the same as the employee profile available in HHAeXChange side. If there are multiple employee profiles, please inactivate the employee profile you are not using within HHAeXChange, and then attempt to resend the EVV export. 

Also, the ALT Caregiver code for employees in AlayaCare should match with the information available in HHAeXChange portal. 

To address this issue, you can run a DE 2.0 report in AlayaCare using Employee Explore and obtain the employee’s UID (see below screenshot), which can then be entered as an ALT caregiver code within HHAeXChange.  

The DE 2.0 report should be filtered for active caregivers, and once the ALT caregiver code is updated for the employees receiving the above error, you can resend EVV exports from AlayaCare. 

New York-specific FAQs

1. The caregiver’s department in AlayaCare does not cross over into HHAeXChange system via the EVV export.  

From AlayaCare, we are not sending the information about employee's department in EVV export to HHAeXChange. You can see the information we are sending on an EVV export when you review the VISITS file contained within an export folder, and you will see that department is not included as a column within that file as well. 

You will need to open a ticket with HHAeXChange to get the employment type updated for the employee within their system. 

2. I am getting an error: “Invalid Payer Initial/Id" with error code 412 on sending visits to HHAeXChange.  

This is a post-validation error/response coming back from HHAeXChange and it has to do with incorrect payer ID at the payor level.  

HHAeXChange usually already has this information configured on the backend from their side. This value should match with what you are trying to send from AlayaCare for the error/rejection to be removed. It is always best to contact the aggregator you are working with if you are unsure what this value should be defined as. Once you receive this information from HHAeXChange, please update this information as a part of Electronic billing payors > Payer ID

Pennsylvania-specific FAQs

1. I am getting an error “Visits cannot be imported prior to patient SOC date or after patient discharge date”, with error code: 397 on sending visits to HHAeXChange. 

Typically this error means that the Start of Care date for this client in HHAeXChange is later than the visit date we are trying to send from AlayaCare or the client is discharged. You would need to reach out to the payor/MCO to identify the reason for this error. 
If the error is because of the Start of Care date, then that can be updated from your side within HHAeXChange to ensure that the visits sent from AlayaCare are covered within that period and have the proper authorization. 

If the error is occurring due to client's status, then that would need to be updated by the payer in the aggregator portal, i.e., HHAeXChange, as your agency will not be able to update that information. 

2. I am getting the following pre-validation errors associated with overnight visits that are being sent from AlayaCare to HHaeXChange:

__root__ - None - VisitEditReasonCode is required if VisitStartTime and EVVStartTime doesn't match 
__root__ - None - VisitEditActionTaken is required if VisitEndTime and EVVEndTime doesn't match 
__root__ - None - VisitEditReasonCode is required if VisitEndTime and EVVEndTime doesn't match 
__root__ - None - VisitEditActionTaken is required if VisitStartTime and EVVStartTime doesn't match 

For any overnight visits to be sent to HHAeXChange for billing purposes, you will need to split these visits manually on AlayaCare schedule. For example, for an overnight shift from 11 PM to 05:00 AM, you will need to schedule the first visit in AlayaCare from 11:00 PM to 11:59 PM and the second one will need to be scheduled from 12:00 AM to 05:00 AM.  

The alternative option is to enable Billable Items Management feature, and this will automatically split the visits into two to avoid having to manually split the visits on the schedule. If using Billable Items Management, you are able to schedule a single visit within AlayaCare from 11:00 PM to 05:00 AM. 

To enable this feature, please reach out to your AlayaCare account manager. 

Help us improve! Was this FAQ helpful?

HHAeXChange - EVV FAQ 0 votes

Yes
0%
No
0%