Don't see your question answered here? Visit our Help Desk and submit a ticket.

How do I reverse a transaction made to the Client’s Balance and Transactions page?

Options
AlayaCareAlex
AlayaCareAlex Administrator admin

Check out this short video:

For a detailed written breakdown, see below:

There’s no way to undo any transactions made in error. However, you can balance the amount by adding a reversing transaction to the client’s profile: 

• First, go to the Client’s Balance & Transactions page and review the transaction(s) that you want to reverse.  
  • Then, go to Accounting > Accounting Settings > Transaction Types and locate a Transaction Type that has a Debited & Credited Account configuration opposite to the Type of Transaction to be reversed. 
  • For example, if you wish to reverse a “Sale” Type Transaction which has “Receivables” for Debited Account and “Revenue, Liability” for Credited Account configured, you can use the “Credit Note” Transaction Type which has “Revenue, Liability” for Debited Account and “Receivables” for Credited Account configured. 
  • Next, go back to the Client’s Balance & Transactions page and click “Add a Transaction,” add a Transaction of the opposing Transaction Type with the same dollar value. Once this is done, click “Allocations” for the new Transaction, click "Reverse” for the Transaction that needs to be reversed. 

As a result of the reversal, in the Client’s Balance, you should see this amount is balanced out. 

For more information on transactions and adjustments, please see this Zendesk article: How do I create Transaction Types and Adjustments? 

💡 Support Tip: You can troubleshoot the issues explored in this post in your staging environment

If issue is not resolved after going through the steps in this guide, please search through Zendesk articles or have your super user submit a Zendesk ticket.

For a full list of FAQs related to Billing, check out this post.

Help us improve! Was this FAQ helpful?

How do I reverse a transaction made to the Client’s Balance and Transactions page? 0 votes

Yes
0%
No
0%